Logo Opel Corsa <empty>
<empty> <empty>
<empty> Home
About Ollie

Driving Lessons

Book A Lesson

Our Cars

Areas Covered
Rules Of The Road
Gift Vouchers

Contact Us

Related Links
Road Safety Authority
Driver Theory Test
Driving Tips
Video Lessons
Penalty Points
Motor Tax
Getting Started

Before you can apply for your first provisional driving licence, you must complete and pass a Driver Theory Test. A person without any driving experience may apply for a provisional licence for categories A, A1, B, M or W only. Get an application for a provisional driving licence (Form D.201), available from your local Garda Station, Public Library or Motor Tax Office.

Completed application forms should be accompanied by: Two identical passport-type photographs with the reverse of both signed by you. A birth certificate or passport. This is not a requirement if you hold a current full or provisional licence, you held a licence within the last 10 years or a provisional licence within the last five years or you already hold a valid driving licence issued by another EU state or "recognised" country.

An eyesight report: This D.502 form is available from your Motor Taxation Office. A completed eyesight report form must accompany all first-time provisional licence applications. A registered ophthalmic optician or a registered medical practitioner should conduct your eye test. He or she should then complete the D.502 form and witness your signed Declaration on the form.

A medical report: A registered medical practitioner should carry out your medical examination and then complete the form. You will need a completed medical report form if you are making your first application for a provisional licence for categories C1, C, D1, D, EC1, EC, ED1 or ED. You must sign the Declaration on the medical report form in the presence of the registered medical practitioner. A medical report is compulsory for any category if you will be 70 years of age or more on the first day of the period for which the licence is being issued, suffer from any of the disabilities or diseases listed on the D.201 form, suffer from epilepsy or alcoholism or regularly take drugs or medication that would be likely to impair your ability to drive safely. This D501form is available from your Motor Taxation Office. Your current or last driving licence when you are renewing a provisional licence.

The 15 euro fee: If you are applying for your licence by post, pay the fee by cheque, bank draft or postal order, made payable to your local authority. If you are applying for your licence in person, you may pay the fee in cash.


38 Ballypark, Drogheda, Co. Louth.